Linggo, Marso 25, 2018

Matthew 11:2-6 Jesus, The Messiah



Welcome remarks
Greet the children, welcome them to our church, introduce my self and briefly states the rules. Basically the rules are:
1. Listen quietly when someone is speaking.
2. Let teacher know when I need to go outside the room.
*I also welcome kids inputs if there are any more rule suggestions they would like to add.

Prayer
I sometimes ask volunteer prayer leaders especially for classes with 8+yo students.

Scripture
2 Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples 3 and said to him, “Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. 6 And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.”
Source: ESV.org

Activity
Using your own words
In this activity, I would like the children to recall the story and truly understand the passage by letting them retell the story using their own words. With guide objects, I will give them an example then I will ask for volunteers to retell the story.

Here are the object guides:

1. John the Baptist in prison (image credit: JW.org)


2. Disciples of John the Baptist asking Jesus (image credit: ReasonsForJesus.com)


3. Jesus' miracles (image credit: GodisReal.Today) with an enumeration of all Jesus did






Game
Guess the word
Adopting this activity from Sermons4Kids.com, I have printed out words which I will randomly post around the room. I will ask the kids to form groups of three, then with a volunteer scorer and time keeper, I will read out the questions. The children are to find the answers from the posted words and the first to give it to me wins a point.

Click here to print this PDF of word choices


Summary
At this stage, I summarize what we have learned with asking for volunteers of lessons they have picked up for the day.

Afterwards, I ask for prayer reports and concerns then we pray as a group.

If we still have time, I do this activity:

Activity
Seat work
I will next ask the kids to settle down and set up their tables and chairs. I will hand out this worksheet from Sermon4Kids.






Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento